It just a work of minutes when you begin to create a new Gmail account. No matter, it may be for personal use or business use. To start signing up for Gmail services, create a Google Account first. You can later use the email address and password to sign in to Gmail each time you want to access your emails or send a mail. Not only Gmail but other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive can also be easily used via your Gmail account.
- First, step to the Create Google Account.
- Start following step by step instructions on the screen to set up your account.
- You can also use the other account you previously created to sign up Gmail.
The username I want is already taken
You won’t be able to get a certain Gmail address if the username you requested is already in use by someone on Gmail:
- Already being used by next user.
- Very similar to an existing username (like, if email@example.com already exists, then you can’t use firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The same as a username that some person used in the past and then deleted later.
- Some words reserved by Google to prevent spam or abuse
Someone is impersonating me
If you believe someone has created a Gmail address to try to impersonate your identity, you can step ahead to report that spam user:
- File an immediate report at Internet Crime Complaint Center.
- Contact your state’s Office of Consumer Protection after reporting at help center.