You can send or unsend emails from a browser or the Gmail app.
How to Write an email
- Sign in Gmail on your computer.
- In the top left corner, click Compose button.
- In the “To” field, section add recipients. If you need, you can also add recipients in the “cc” and “bcc” fields.
- Now add a subject line.
- Write your email message.
- At the bottom end of the website page, click Send button.
Recall an email with Undo Send
If you turn “Undo Send” on, you can retract an email right after you sent it.
First, turn on Undo Send email
- On your pc, open Gmail.
- In the top right corner, click Settings > Settings changes.
- In the “Undo Send” section, check the box next to “Enable Undo Send.”
- In the “Send cancellation period” tab, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
- At the bottom end of the page, click Save Changes button.
Undo sending your email
After you turn on Undo Send feature, you can cancel sending an email button.
- After you send an email, you’ll see the message “Your email has been sent” and the option to Undo or View message section.
- Now click Undo button.