You can select a photo to set as your gmail account profile picture. This image shows up when somebody sees your email in their gmail inbox or chat list.
Change Gmail account profile picture
- Sign gmail.
- In the top right, press Settings tab>Settings.
- In the “My gmail account picture” section, click “Change profile picture”.
- Choose or upload a new profile picture.
- Choose the portion of the photo you want to show in the gmail profile.
- Now click at “Apply changes”.
Change your Gmail account picture’s visibility
- Sign Gmail.
- In the top right corner, press Settings (gear icon)>Settings.
- In the “My profile Picture” section, select a visibility option.
“Visible to everyone”: Anyone who you emails, or who emails you, able to see your profile picture.
Select “Visible only to people I can chat with”: Only user you’ve given permission to chat with you or see when you’re online can see your profile picture.