While leading your personal and professional life, you must be getting emails that you don’t want in your Gmail inbox. If this happens, you can block or unsubscribe the sender, or report the message to Gmail.
When someone uses Gmail to trouble, intimidate, or threaten you, they’re simply violating Gmail’s programs and policies. If you feel attacked with such danger, contact your local authorities right away, and ask whether any cyberharassment laws apply to your current situation.
How to Block an email address
When you block a particular sender, messages sent by them will automatically go to your Spam folder.
- Quickly open your Gmail.
- Open the particular message you are looking to block.
- Now, at the top right corner, click the Down arrow option present.
- Click the option Block [sender].
- If in case, you blocked someone wrongly, you can unblock them following those same steps.
Immediately Unsubscribe from mass emails
If you signed up for a site that sends you the bulk of emails, like a kind of promotions or newsletters, you can opt the unsubscribe link to stop getting those unnecessary emails.
- Firstly open your Gmail.
- Go the particular email from the sender you want to get unsubscribed.
- Focus the part next to the sender’s name, click Unsubscribe or Change preferences. If still, these options are not visible to you, follow the steps above to block the sender or mark the message as spam.
Remember that it may take some days for the mailing list to stop sending those messages after you have unsubscribed them.
Remove all your spam or suspicious emails
Gmail itself tries to update spam messages out of your inbox, but sometimes messages may get in. If you find a spam message in your inbox then follow these basics:
- Open up your Gmail.
- Check the box present at the left of the message or you can do by simply opening the message.
- Now click Report Spam option present at top of the page.
When you choose Report spam option or manually throw an email into your Spam box, Google receives a copy of that email helping it to analyze and hence protect Gmail users from spam and abuse. A situation you find a suspicious email asking for your personal details, you can immediately report the email for phishing or you can even ask for help at Gmail help contact number
- For this step, quickly open your Gmail.
- Again open an email from the sender you want to get unsubscribed from.
- Click the Down arrow option present at the top right.
- Finally, click Report phishing.