What matters most on our phones when it gets stolen or lost! Losing our contacts is the worst part one experiences in that case. Why not take a mindful decision before anything like this happens. You can back up your Android phone contacts on Google servers just by making a click on sync. Syncing contacts with Gmail secures your phone directory in online databases helping in recovering in lost or damaged cases.
Follow the given step by step procedure on how to back up Android contacts on Gmail goes as the following:
- Tap menu option and visit “Settings”
- Scroll down and select “Accounts”
- Remember that while doing this you should be logged in to your Gmail account else if you forgot your password then contact phone number for Gmail customer service
- Since you may have multiple Gmail accounts, tap on a particular email address and select the “Sync Contacts” option.
- It may go processing, just wait for the syncing to complete.
To ensure that all your contacts are on backed up on your Gmail account do the following:
Go to “Contacts” menu, this option will differ with different phone models.
- You will find an option like “Import/Export” or manage depending on phone
- See “Copy contacts from” option on top of the page.
- Go to “Phone Contact” and tap “Next” option
- A option like “Copy contacts To” on top of the page will be appearing.
- Select “your Gmail address” and tap “Next” button simply.
- Now tick all contacts saved in the phone memory and mark doneor the tick good symbol.
This way you complete and you are done.
Similarly you can repeat the same procedure for SIM contacts and SD card contacts and you are all set to relax from your contact list point of view.